The Man Behind My Back
He is the man behind my back
not because I cannot stand alone,
but because he makes sure
I never have to.
not because I cannot stand alone,
but because he makes sure
I never have to.
I can fight my own battles,
yet he still chooses to carry
the things I could carry myself
not because I am weak,
but because he wants my life
to be a little easier.
When I was lost in my darkest days,
he didn't ask me to hide my broken pieces.
He stayed,
and helped me put them back together.
He has a father’s kind of love
quiet, protective, unconditional.
Even when blame comes
from his own family,
he stands beside me
and never lets me face it alone.
With him,
I can admit my mistakes
without fear of being judged.
He knows my flaws,
but never uses them against me.
And perhaps he spoils me
more than he realizes.
He does the things
I could easily do myself,
solves the little problems,
and gives me the freedom
to simply breathe and enjoy life.
He doesn't make me dependent.
He makes me feel cared for.
And I know this….
If the whole world
ever stood against me,
he would be the one
reaching through the crowd
to pull me back to my feet.
I don't need him to complete me.
I simply feel blessed
to have a man behind my back
who lets me be strong,
but gives me a safe place
to rest.
My husband.
My protector.
My quiet strength.
The man behind my back.
Samyu❣️
i3 planet 🌎
Comments